Quartz Countertops in Lee’s Summit, Missouri
If you’re building a new home or looking to upgrade your current one, installing quartz countertops and other fixtures is a great way to enhance the look and feel of your living space. Quartz has a clean, classic look and can tie a room – or an entire house together. Because of its durability and variety of options, quartz is one of the most popular choices for homeowners today.
Quartz is a natural stone and offers a wide selection of styles, colors, and varying grades. It’s known as a hard stone, so it’s less porous which means less maintenance. Incorporating a low-maintenance countertop or bathroom vanity is perfect for high-traffic areas such as the kitchen or bathroom.
Gaumats International proudly serves clients in the Lee’s Summit, Missouri region. Lee’s Summit is the sixth largest city in Missouri and in the metro Kansas City area. Lee’s Summit Historic Cemetery is the final resting place for Cole Younger, a Civil War guerilla, along with early citizens of the city. Other landmarks include Legacy Park, Longview Mansion, and Missouri Town 1855.
Lee’s Summit, Missouri Quartz Countertops
We believe your home should be a direct reflection of your unique and personal style, which is why we work one-on-one with our clients to determine the best look and style for their taste. Quartz is a fantastic option for countertops and other surfaces because it offers such a wide variety of styles, all of which are durable and lasting. Quartz countertops are the perfect combination of strength and beauty, creating a warm and inviting space while being durable enough to withstand daily use.
Here are a few pros and cons of quartz countertops:
- Low maintenance
- Less porous
- Stain resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Doesn’t harbor bacteria/viruses
- Luxurious appearance
- Multiple color and style options
- Uniform color
- Versatile, so edging and other designs easily incorporated
- Quartz can be a more expensive option
- Seams of engineered stone can sometimes be more noticeable
- Not heat resistant
- Sensitive to chemicals such as acid-based cleaners and bleach
- Heavier than natural stone, so needs proper structural support
No matter your budget, quartz is a great option for everyone because there are so many varying grades. Higher quality quartz is more expensive while lower-grade quartz offers homeowners multiple affordable options. Premium quartz comes in rich colors with minimal veins, while standard-grade quartz has an average quality and color depth. A lower-grade quartz will have numerous veins and sometimes discoloration, but keep in mind once the quartz is crushed with resin, many of those flaws are not visible.
Gaumats International proudly offers clients a wide variety of quartz grades, colors, and patterns available for purchase, including white quartz countertops and black quartz countertops – and everything in between. We offer the most popular quartz countertop colors on the market. Because of its versatility and durability, quartz is the perfect option for kitchens, bathrooms, fireplaces, or wet bars. We offer the best quartz countertops available.
Quartz is elegant and has a classic clean look, so you don’t have to worry about it ever going out of style. It’s a low-maintenance surface, so it’s perfect for kitchen countertops, sinks, bathrooms, and fireplaces. Gaumats offers an array of quartz slabs in various colors, styles, and patterns. With its industrial-strength surface, variety of colors, and many style options, quartz slabs are quickly becoming one of the most popular, modern countertop options in the U.S.
Bathrooms are one of the highest traffic areas in a home meaning its more susceptible to bacteria and other germs. Luckily, quartz can stop germs dead in their tracks because it’s a hard, non-porous surface. Quartz does not harbor bacteria. Germs are unable to enter the stone and when you clean a quartz vanity, you can be sure that it’s free of bacteria and other germs. Its durable surface is also stain-resistant, so you won’t have to worry about water or other stains.
Quartz Countertop Maintenance and Cleaning
Quartz is known for being one of the most low-maintenance countertop choices, but to keep your quartz countertop looking pristine, here’s a few things to remember.
- Even though it’s considered stain resistant, quartz is still susceptible to stains from harsh liquids like coffee or wine. Make sure you wipe up these liquids when spilled and don’t allow them to dry, which could potentially stain your counters.
- Use an all-purpose cleaner or mild dish soap mixed with water to clean your counters. Avoid highly acidic, high-alkaline cleaners and bleach.
- Avoid using any harsh chemicals such as fingernail polish remover or paint remover on or near your counters. If spilled, make sure to clean off immediately to avoid potential damage.
- While quartz is resistant to scratches and cracks, it’s still possible to damage them with items such as abrasive sponges or steel pads. When wiping your quartz countertops down, use a soft sponge or towel.
- Always use a cutting board.
- To remove hardened food or grease, use a plastic putty knife or similar tool to scrape the food off. You can remove grease by using a degreasing cleaner and then wiping it away. Certain types of dish soaps also have degreasers gentle enough to use on quartz countertops.
- Do not set hot pots or pans directly on the counter, which can cause discoloration and sometimes cracking. Use trivets and heating pads – or keep them on the stove or other surfaces to be safe.
Formed in 2005 by husband and wife team Apul and Daisy Gaumat, Gaumats International, LLC is a family owned and run business. We purchase beautiful slabs of quartz and other natural stones from across the world and are passionate about working one-on-one with our clients to install their ideal custom designed countertops and other fixtures.
We understand that everyone’s style is different and enjoy the process of customizing each piece to match the look and feel of each clients’ home. Each piece is designed and fabricated in our state-of-the-art facility. Gaumats International continually strives to provide the best experience and highest-quality products for our customers.
If you live in the Lee’s Summit region and are interested in a quote for a custom-designed quartz countertop or vanity, contact us today at 816-847-8228.