Quartz Countertops in Independence, Missouri
Installing quartz countertops and other fixtures throughout your home makes a dramatic improvement to the look and feel of your living space. Quartz is a natural stone, it’s durable, and it’s low-maintenance, so you can’t go wrong.
Because it’s a natural stone, there’s a wide variety of grades, colors and styles available for homeowners to choose from. Quartz is also harder and less porous than other natural stone options like granite, making it the perfect choice for heavy-traffic areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
Gaumats International proudly serves clients in the Independence, Missouri region, which is home to a slew of historical sites and museums such as Vaile Mansion. The Victorian mansion has 31 rooms, nine marble fireplaces, amazing painted ceilings, flushing toilets, a built-in water tank, and a wine cellar. This mansion is considered one of the best examples of Second Empire style architecture in the U.S.
Independence, Missouri Quartz Countertops
We take pride in our work and offer customers from the Independence region custom quartz surfaces and countertops. All our designs are high-quality craftsmanship for the best quartz countertop prices.
Quartz Kitchen Countertops
We believe your home should be a direct reflection of your unique and personal style, which is why we work one-on-one with our clients to determine the best look and style for their taste. Quartz is a fantastic option for countertops and other surfaces because it offers such a wide variety of styles, all of which are exquisite and welcoming. Quartz countertops are the perfect combination of strength and beauty, creating a warm and inviting space while being durable enough to withstand daily use.
Here are a few pros and cons of quartz countertops:
- Low maintenance
- Less porous
- Stain resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Doesn’t harbor bacteria/viruses
- Luxurious appearance
- Multiple color and style options
- Uniform color
- Versatile, so edging and other designs easily incorporated
- Quartz can be a more expensive option
- Seams of engineered stone can sometimes be more noticeable
- Not heat resistant
- Sensitive to chemicals such as acid-based cleaners and bleach
- Heavier than natural stone, so needs proper structural support
While some grades of quartz can carry a heftier price tag, the benefit to quartz is there’s varying grades – from builder-quality to premium. Higher quality quartz is more expensive than lower-grade quartz. Premium quartz comes in rich colors with minimal veins, while standard-grade quartz offers customers an average quality and color depth. A lower-grade quartz will have numerous veins and sometimes discoloration, but keep in mind once the quartz is crushed with resin, many of those flaws are not visible.
Gaumats International proudly offers clients a wide variety of quartz grades, colors, and patterns available for purchase including white quartz countertops and black quartz countertops – and everything in between. We offer the most popular quartz countertop colors on the market. Because of its versatility and durability, quartz is the perfect option for kitchens, bathrooms, fireplaces, or wet bars. We offer the best quartz countertops available.
Quartz is elegant and contemporary. It’s also a classic and clean look, so you don’t have to worry about it going out of style. It’s a low-maintenance surface, so it’s perfect for kitchen countertops, sinks, bathrooms, and fireplaces. Gaumats offers an array of quartz slabs in various colors, styles, and patterns. With its industrial-strength surface, wide variety of colors, host of style options, and polished look, quartz slabs are quickly becoming one of the most popular, modern countertop options in the U.S.
Because bathrooms are one of the highest traffic areas in a home, of course, it’s more susceptible to bacteria and germs. Because quartz is a non-porous surface, it helps stop germs dead in their tracks and doesn’t harbor bacteria. Germs are unable to enter the stone and when you clean a quartz vanity, you can be sure that it’s free of bacteria and other germs. Its durable surface is also stain resistant, so you won’t have to worry about water – or other stains.
Quartz Countertop Maintenance and Cleaning
Quartz is known for being one of the most low-maintenance countertop choices, but to keep your quartz countertop looking pristine, here’s a few things to remember.
- Even though it’s considered stain resistant, quartz is still susceptible to stains from harsh liquids like coffee or wine. Make sure you wipe up these liquids when spilled and don’t allow them to dry, which could potentially stain your counters.
- Use an all-purpose cleaner or mild dish soap mixed with water to clean your counters. Avoid highly acidic, high-alkaline cleaners and bleach.
- Avoid using any harsh chemicals such as fingernail polish remover or paint remover on or near your counters. If spilled, make sure to clean off immediately to avoid potential damage.
- While quartz is resistant to scratches and cracks, it’s still possible to damage them with items such as abrasive sponges or steel pads. When wiping your quartz countertops down, use a soft sponge or towel.
- Always use a cutting board.
- To remove hardened food or grease, use a plastic putty knife or similar tool to scrape the food off. You can remove grease by using a degreasing cleaner and then wiping it away. Certain types of dish soaps also have degreasers gentle enough to use on quartz countertops.
- Do not set hot pots or pans directly on the counter, which can cause discoloration and sometimes cracking. Use trivets and heating pads – or keep them on the stove or other surfaces to be safe.
Gaumats International, LLC was formed in 2005 by husband and wife team Apul and Daisy Gaumat. Because it’s family owned and run, the Gaumats treat each customer like family. We also purchase and house beautiful quartz slabs from across the world.
We appreciate the art of design and enjoy working one-on-one with our customers to ensure they get the look and feel they desire. Gaumat’s customizes each order based on its clients’ needs and each piece is designed and fabricated in our state-of-the-art facility. Gaumats International continually strives to provide the best experience and highest-quality products for our customers.
If you live in the Independence region and are interested in a quote for a custom-designed quartz countertop or vanity, contact us today at 816-847-8228.