Quartz Countertops in Grain Valley, Missouri
One of the most durable and beautiful options, quartz is a popular selection for homeowners who are looking for a sturdy foundation that’s nearly indestructible but has an elegant and expensive appearance.
Quartz is a natural stone, but most quartz countertops are engineered using various sizes and grades of stone. This makes quartz harder than its counterpart, granite, and also less porous.
Grain Valley, Missouri Quartz Countertops
Gaumats International proudly serves clients in the Grain Valley, Missouri region. Grain Valley is a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri, which is known for its jazz heritage, bar-b-que, and various fountains. In the 18th & Vine Jazz District, visitors from around the world frequent the American Jazz Museum to learn about Charlie Parker, Count Basie, and Big Joe Turner.
We specialize in custom quartz surfaces and countertops and proudly offer customers customized, high-quality workmanship for the best quartz countertop prices.
Quartz Kitchen Countertops
Having a durable countertop in the kitchen is important, but a luxurious appearance is also necessary to create a warm and inviting space. Luckily, quartz countertops are a perfect combination of strength and beauty.
Because quartz countertops are manufactured, there’s a wide variety of colors, styles, and finishes. It also means quartz countertops don’t have some of the same weaknesses as natural stone countertops.
Here are a few pros and cons of quartz countertops:
- Low maintenance
- Less porous
- Stain resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Doesn’t harbor bacteria/viruses
- Luxurious appearance
- Multiple color and style options
- Uniform color
- Versatile, so edging and other designs easily incorporated
- Quartz can be a more expensive option
- Seams of engineered stone can sometimes be more noticeable
- Not heat resistant
- Sensitive to chemicals such as acid-based cleaners and bleach
- Heavier than natural stone, so needs proper structural support
There are varying levels of quartz countertops from builder-quality to premium. Higher quality quartz is more expensive than lower-grade quartz. Premium quartz is the highest quality available and comes in rich colors with minimal veins, while standard grade quartz offers customers an average quality and color depth. A lower-grade quartz will have numerous veins and sometimes discoloration, but keep in mind once the quartz is crushed with resin, many of those flaws will not be visible.
Gaumats International proudly offers a wide variety of quartz countertop colors and patterns available for purchase – including white quartz countertops and black quartz countertops – we offer the most popular quartz countertop colors available.
Because of its versatility and durability, quartz is the perfect option for kitchen, bathroom, or wet bar countertops. Gaumats offers the best quartz countertops available in 2018.
Quartz slabs are perfect for high traffic areas within your home such as kitchens and bathrooms. With an elegant, yet contemporary look, quartz is a low-maintenance surface that offers the perfect blend of nature and industrial flares. Gaumats offers an array of quartz slabs in various colors, styles, and patterns. With its industrial-strength surface, wide variety of colors, host of style options, and polished look, quartz slabs are quickly becoming one of the most popular, modern countertop options in the U.S.
Because bathrooms are a high-traffic area, susceptible to bacteria and other germs such as viruses and fungi, a quartz vanity is the perfect solution. Quartz is non-porous, unlike other natural stones. Because it’s non-porous, quartz does not harbor bacteria. Germs are unable to enter the stone and when you clean a quartz vanity, you can be sure that it’s free of bacteria and other germs.
Its durable surface is also stain resistant, so you won’t have to worry about water – or other stains.
Quartz Countertop Maintenance and Cleaning
Quartz is well known for being one of the most low-maintenance countertop choices, but to keep your quartz countertop clean and looking like new, there are a few necessary things to remember.
- While quartz is stain resistant, it’s still susceptible to stains from liquids like coffee or wine. Make sure you wipe up these liquids when spilled and don’t allow them to dry, which could potentially stain your counters.
- Use an all-purpose cleaner or mild dish soap mixed with water to clean your counters. Avoid highly acidic, high-alkaline cleaners and bleach.
- Avoid using any harsh chemicals such as fingernail polish remover or paint remover on or near your counters. If spilled, make sure to clean off immediately to avoid potential damage.
- While quartz is resistant to scratches and cracks, it’s still possible to damage them with items such as abrasive sponges or steel pads. When wiping your quartz countertops down, use a soft sponge or towel.
- Always use a cutting board.
- To remove hardened food or grease, use a plastic putty knife or similar tool to scrape the food off. You can remove grease by using a degreasing cleaner and then wiping it away. Certain types of dish soaps also have degreasers gentle enough to use on quartz countertops.
- Do not set hot pots or pans directly on the counter, which can cause discoloration and sometimes cracking. Use trivets and heating pads – or keep them on the stove or other surfaces to be safe.
Gaumats International, LLC has been serving Grain Valley, Missouri for more than 10 years. Formed in 2005 by Apul and Daisy Gaumat, we are a family-owned business that takes pride in providing high-quality quartz craftsmanship.
Gaumats International houses beautiful slabs from across the world and each project is custom fabricated in a state-of-the-art facility. Our customers are important to us and we continually strive to provide the best experience and high-quality products at affordable prices.
If you live in the Grain Valley region and are interested in a quote for custom-designed quartz countertop or vanity, contact us today at 816-847-8228.